Yesterday, October 12th was Canadian Thanksgiving. All of the Language School students got together (about 40 of us) and had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner complete with pumpkin pie :) Thanksgiving is celebrated early in Canada because it starts snowing soon afterwards.
When we woke up this morning, the snow was falling :) It only lasted for about an hour and it didn't stay on the ground, but this was the official introduction of winter in Canada! We would appreciate your continued prayers for Rodney; he went to the doctor again today and the doctor said he has some kind of a skin infection. They have given Rodney a topical antibiotic ointment to put on his face along with oral antibiotics that he will be taking. His headaches have decreased and his energy is returning, so we are grateful for that.
Here is a video of Justice dancing :) If you can't view it on your e-mail, go to www.dyrudadventure.blogspot.com and view it from the blog. Enjoy!
Well, we finally did it! We started a blog to keep people up-to-date on our lives both here and overseas (when we eventually get there). We can share pictures and tell people what is going on by posting our information on the blog. This means no more mass e-mails :) People can subscribe to the blog and then everytime we post something, it will be sent to you automatically as an e-mail (at least, that's the idea, if we can figure it out). We hope this works as a good communication network to stay in touch with people. There is also a way for you to post comments on our blog.
Tammi Lynne and Rodney Kent Dyrud had a baby boy last night Sun Sept 28,2008 at 11:46pm. His name is Justice Kent Dyrud; he is 8 lbs, 20 1/2 inches long and so far the health baby we (Tammi and I) have been praying for. Thank you for all of your prayers. Here is one of his first pictures. I am currently working on getting a video posted.
I was reminded this week of something that happened while we were in French Language School in Quebec, Canada in 2009-2010 before heading to Africa. We had just arrived and were getting settled into our apartment for the school year when the power went out in our building. Since all of our candles and flashlights were still mostly packed, we turned on a small flashlight that Rodney had on his key ring and tried to locate a larger source of light, not knowing how long the power might be off. Just then, there was a knock at our door. We didn't know a soul in the apartment building so I didn't know who would be coming to our door. I opened the door and the woman from across the hall was standing there with a lit candle in her hand. She spoke only French and I spoke only English at that point, but through hand gestures I figured out that she had brought us this candle and wanted us to keep it until the power came back on. I think I managed a nod and a smile as she went back ...
Comments