
I bet many of you didn't know that I have a non-kid :-) Her name is Laelia Wesley and I took care of her while I was pregnant with Justice. She was born with a condition called arthrogryposis which means that there were complications with her connective tissues during Alexis' (her mom's) pregnancy and Laelia's limbs were not formed properly. This picture was taken hours after her birth.

Well, Laelia is 3 years old now and she has been having surgeries to straighten her legs and hips in the hopes that she can walk someday. A few days ago, she stood in her casts for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so tremendous after knowing what she has been through since her birth and all that her family has gone through. I am tearful with joy to see the progress that she is making and to know that these surgeries are helping. I am so thankful for this Christmas miracle for Charles, Alexis, Laelia and their extended family. Merry Christmas everyone; thanks for rejoicing with me about my non-kid :-)
Comments